Tuesday 14 June 2011

Which Artist do I Choose?

So I was on the hunt for an illustrator. I went to our local art gallery, looked at paintings all over town and tried to find out who they were. What kind of medium did they use, did they use computers to paint? Water colors? Acrylic? My favorite was water colors so I narrowed it down to at least a medium.

But, after talking to one artist who used a computer, she encouraged me and convinced me to try computer painting. So my dad got me the program, installed it on my computer, and I began to pluck away at it. Well that lasted for a whole hour! NOT! I am in awe of those who know how to add color using a computer...they say it's easy, certainly not for me! So back to water colors I go.

I was down in Spokane, Wa in one of the many malls they have and I was lassoed into an Art Gallery by a painting that absolutley took my breath away! WOW! After looking at paintings in Rossland, Kelowna, Trail, the net, the world, it all came down to this one painting.  I heard a church choir sing in my head "Hal- le- lu-a" and some jackpot change rolling out of a slot machine with siren's roaring! WOW! Finally, I found an illustrator who was able to capture what was in my mind and actually have it drawn out on canvas. I rang over to the clerk, "Who, Where, and How Much?"

Before I went down to Spokane I had already been conversing and meeting with different artists locally and in Kelowna. The problem with the artist in Kelowna, Alex Walton, although he was extremely talented and very accomplished, he was out of my financial pocket book. He said for what I was planning, it would cost approximatley $10 000.00. I really wanted to work with him but the kick in the stomache feeling wouldn't go away, there was no way I could afford it. There was a beautiful artist in Rossland, Sharon Lough. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. Her artwork is amazing and I would recommend her to anyone...she had a fair price and I was very close to working with her until I met, "Erin Griffin"....

No comments:

Post a Comment