Sunday 12 June 2011

Leave it up to the professionals!

As I sat in the coffee shop drawing to my hearts content..I realized that I wasn't that bad at all. Actually I was very content with my drawings and sketches.  The only thing I didn't like was that the drawings didn't have dimension or life. I imagined having my illustrations at the point where one could get themselves lost in looking at all the different critters and details that kids love. Maybe I just needed some color I thought...then the dimension would POP!

Well, I couldn't paint to save my own life...basically I sucked!  So I went to the local art gallery in Trail and sought out some lessons. I saw some amazing artists with beautiful work! I asked them how long they've been working on their artwork and funny, not any of them said just a couple of weeks. They all said they were drawing and painting their whole lives. They gave me tips, I tried them and failed time and time again.  If I ever wanted to finish this book in my lifetime...I would have to leave it up to the professionals. Now, what to do with all these arts supplies??? For now, they will reside in my basement along with all the other "things" I've attempted to take full on! I'll use them again one day, I am sure! My husband is a little less optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment