Saturday 11 June 2011

Legends of the Forest-Children's Book Series

Holy Moly, this is a lot easier than I thought...I've been wanting to blog for a couple of years but haven't gone forward with it because I thought it would be hard...not so much!  ...hope this thing has spell check..lol

I have designed this blog to create interest about my children's book series call, "Legends of the Forest". This blog will either discourage or encourage others to write children's books themselves. How to write childrens books and publish them on a shoe string budget; that will definatley be the next book to follow. I will post the past experiences and a day to day diary on what its like to beat out all the other literary dreamers. How to find a publisher, how to find an agent, how to find a distributer, how to get into Chapters and Indigo, self publishing vs traditional publishing, finding an editor, finding the time... These are all the things you will learn by reading my blog.

At the same time, I am trying to create hype about the first book, "Leonard the Larch",  that will be printed and ready to sell September 1st! You can pre-order now! Why would you do that? Well, I don't have all of the money as of yet to pay for the production costs but I am moving forward like I do. Just like the time I cycled across Canada on my own...my husband said I wouldn't make it past my back yard let alone cycle across Canada, ALONE! Well I did accomplish the dream of cycling across Canada and I did it in 2 months and 16 days.  Each day I wanted to quit and head home...but I didn't. Kind of like writing these kids books...sometimes when I get some kind of rejection letter, I want to just quit and hide under the sheets. It's hard work and you have to be a very confident person to handle the rejection!

I have budgeted $4300.00 to have these books printed and ready to sell in my hot little hands. Unfortunately, I was hoping to recieve some grants to help pay for some of the costs but I just recieved the final rejection letter a couple of days ago. Will this stop me? NO WAY! I have to move on...I have $1600.00 to pay for the illustrations...how I will afford to print them? Not sure yet?  This where you can come in, pre order the book and I will sign a copy and send it to you in September! I am not set up to do this yet, but I will continue to work on the design of this Blog and hopefully figure out how to put pay pal on it. Suggestions? Anyone know how?

You  are probably want to know more about what these books are all about...but the kids are watching Sponge Bob and he's singing about "Ripping his Pants" and it's totally distracting...I will write more a little later on...Keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment